Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Pot Chili- Perfect for a cold weeknight!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I do NOT like doing the dishes! I had a recipe for chili that I was ready to try, but the directions called for 1 skillet and 2 saucepans, and that's way too many dishes for a weeknight dinner. So I decided to make it into a one pot meal, and I'm sure glad I did. It was delicious! The perfect meal to eat wrapped up in a blanket, sitting on the fireplace next to a warm fire.

One Pot A.1. Chili


What you'll need: 
1lb lean ground beef
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3tblsp chili powder
1 can light Kidney beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2c water
1/3 A.1. steak sauce

To Make: Start with a large, heated 2qt saucepan. Add the meat and seasonings and cook until almost all of the meat is browned, crumbling into bite size pieces as it cooks. Add in the bell pepper, onion and chili powder and cook another 5 mins. Add in the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15mins. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment