Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Getting Cold Outside! Time for Crock Pot Recipes

I love the colder weather. It's time to reorganize the closests and make sure the kids have plenty of warm clothes. It's also the time of year for those yummy warm comfort foods, the good ones from the Crock Pot. This year I found an awesome website, The Crock Pot Girls, full of all sort of recipes exclusively for the Crock Pot. First up, Chicken & Dumplings. My mother in law makes the BEST homemade Chicken & Dumplings, but these are a close second. I don't think I'll ever be able to make Chicken & Dumplings like she can.

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings



Recipe from: Crock Pot Girls

4 boneless/skinless chicken breast
2 tblsp butter
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 can Cream of Celery
3 1/2c chicken broth
1c celery, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1c carrots, chopped
Salt & Pepper
1 (10oz) package of refrigerated biscuits
Crock Pot Liner

To Make: Put the plastic crock pot liner in your Crock Pot. Excluding the biscuits, put all the ingredients in the Crock Pot and cook on Low for 8 hours.



For the dumplings, roll out the biscuits and cut or tear into small peices. Drop into Crock Pot, turn up to High and cook an additional 20 minutes.






I put everything in my crock pot the night before. Set it in my fridge overnight and then starting cooking it on Low before I left for work. All I had to do when I came home was drop in the dumplings and dinner was ready in less than 30 mins! Clean up was simple too, since I used the plastic crock pot liner! Love those things, especially since I hate doing the dishes.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. As an alteratate: you could use wide egg noodles instead of the dumplings for a good homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! I'll be trying this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment