Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cheddar Ranch Chicken with Creamy Mashed Potatoes

Here's a very easy weeknight recipe you have to try!

Cheddar Ranch Chicken with Creamy Mashed Potatoes


For the chicken you'll need: 
1 package chicken breast, boneless and skinless
your favorite brand of Ranch dressing, 1/4c-1/2c
shredded cheddar cheese, 1/3c-ish
Parmesan cheese, 1/8c-ish
salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste

To make: 
Preheat oven to 375. Place the chicken in a baking dish, sprinkle seasonings on both sides. Pour some Ranch dressing over each side of the breasts, you can use as little or as much as you'd like. Sprinkle the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses on top, again an amount to your liking. Bake for 35mins, until chicken is cooked through. 

For the mashed potatoes:
approx 2-3lb of red potatoes
1 bag Frozen garlic Cauliflower blend from Bird's Eye
1/2 tub Philadelphia's Original Cooking Creme
salt & pepper to taste

Cut up the potatoes into small chunks, I like to leave the peels on, but if you prefer you could peel first. Boil until tender, drain. Heat the cauliflower as directed on the package. Mash together the potatoes, cauliflower, cooking creme, salt and pepper. 

I hope you enjoy. I'm sorry that there are not specific amounts on the ingredients, this is one of the few recipes I made up with my own crazy mind and I'm not exactly sure how much of everything I put in and I'm sure it changes every time I  make it. But it is one of the meals my husband requests, on the few occasions he is given a choice! HA! 





1 comment:

  1. Good heavens! That sounds so good! I think my thighs may have gotten bigger just by reading the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete