Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dinner - Done! (finally)

I have been somewhat disappointed this last week in dinner. I tried CrockPot Chicken Lasagna Florentine, and it burned. I tried Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas and the corn tortillas were too soggy. I tried Pork with Chive & Onion sauce and the meat wasn't fully cooked. I was about ready to stop and pick up some fast food, but the 30 day No Fast Food challenge I'm doing kept me from that! Good thing too, because tonight I conquered dinner!! My husband gave me "two thums up!" and said I'm allowed to keep cooking, we'll see what's next...

Mediterranean Chicken & Mushroom Skillet



What you'll need:
olive oil spray
1 package boneless skinless chicken breast
salt & pepper
1lb sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1/2c chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2c Feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp parsley
1c cooked brown rice

To Make:
Cook the chicken breast in a large nonstick skillet sprayed with the olive oil cooking spray, seasoned with a little salt & pepper. Cook the chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Add mushrooms and onion to skillet, cook approx 10mins, stirring occasionally. Add broth, garlic and thyme and cook 5 mins. Top chicken with mushroom mixture, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve with cooked rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment