Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Yogurt Cups
(mind didn't turn out so pretty, but they were tastey!)
Recipe from: Skinny Taste - an awesome new website I found. I'm sure you will be seeing many more posts from here!
I will rationalize every ingredient for you, just in case you need it!
- 12 reduced fat vanilla wafers- ok first of you are using the reduced fat ones, secondly it's a wafer! not a cookie!
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese- cream cheese is used for cooking and to put on bagels, that is why it is not classified as a "sweet"! and the 1/3 less fat cream cheese is the only kind I use
- 1/4 c sugar - ok that's the same amount of sugar that I put in my spaghetti sauce, so a "cooking" amount is acceptable
- 1 tsp vanilla - I have no rationalization for this one, vanilla is really only used for baking sweets, but it's only 1 tsp for a total of 12 cups!
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt - no rationalization needed here! it's yogurt! Greek yogurt at that! good for you!
- 2 large egg whites - again no explanation needed- good for you!
- 1 tblsp flour - flour is used to make all sorts of non-sweet things!
- 3/4 c Pumpkin Butter or pumpkin pie filling. I made the pumpkin butter and will post it up soon, I promise! and rationaliztion- it's pumpkin, that's a vegetable!
Ok so now to make this yummy healthy snack!
Heat oven to 350. Line cupcake tin with liners. Place a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each liner. Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in yogurt, egg whites and flour. Pour into cupake liners, filling halfway. Top each with 1 tblsp of the pumpkin butter. Swirl with a toothpick to make a marbling effect. Bake 25 mins or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature and then chill a few hours before serving.
Oh and just in case you're wondering, one cheesecake cup has 114 calories, 5g fat, 2g fiber, 4g protien, and 7 sugars!