Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Butter

I originally made this for the Pumpkin Yogurt Cheesecake Cups, but I am so glad I did. It is yummy on Cinnamon Raisin toast, delicious mixed into Waffle and Pancake batter, I'm even thinking of adding it to my yogurt with a little gronola as a snack tomorrow, or maybe even adding it to my oatmeal. There are so many tastey ideas.

Pumpkin Butter



Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g

Ingredients:
By Skinny Taste
3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple cider or juice
1 cup packed brown sugar
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Directions:
Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boilReduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment