Friday, November 18, 2011

Yep! Another Pumpkin Recipe: Pumpkin Pasta

I'm sure you are all sick and tired of all these pumpkin recipes I've been posting, but I warned you, I'm in FULL Pumpkin mode and it will last until Thanksgiving! This pumpkin phase will last through Thanksgiving! I just love this time of year. I love the weather change, even though it usually means I get sick. I love the time off we are given from work to spend with our family. I love the time with my extended family. And I love all the wonderful food that is shared! This original recipe was for a side dish, but I decided to add some chicken and zucchini to make it an entree, you could make it either way. Without the chicken, it would be a great side to add to your Thanksgiving Day spread!

Chicken Penne with a Creamy Pumpkin Sauce



Recipe adapted from KraftFoods.com
What you'll need: 
1pkg boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders, cut into bite size pieces
2 zucchini, sliced
1 pkg (16oz) penne pasta
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
1/2c Parmesan cheese
1/2c (1 stick) butter
1/2c milk
1c canned pumpkin
1/2tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
Ground nutmeg to taste

To Make: 
Cook pasta as directed on package. 
Meanwhile, cook the chicken pieces in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat for about 5 mins, then add in the sliced zucchini and cook an additional 5-7 mins. Add in the cream cheese, butter, Parmesan and milk and continue cooking until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through. Stir in the pumpkin and seasonings, and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, add to chicken pumpkin mixture. Toss to coat. 

My whole family enjoyed this recipe. Here are some pics of the boys, showing you that at it ALL gone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment